Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fabricecallegar
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

remove cal licence automatically for old users

Hello,

Can someone help me to write a script to remove Cal for all users who have not been logged in for more than 90 days ?

I'm using PowerShell

I could connect to the server with the help of support (https://support.qlik.com/articles/000061350) but I don't API/POwerShell and I'm stuck to retrieve users not logged for more than 90 and then remove the licence...

Fabrice

Labels (4)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

This would be a violation of your license terms, just FYI, so not something I would recommend you do.  Here is a link to the documentation stating when users may be removed from User and Document CAL types:

https://www.qlik.com/us/-/media/files/legal/license-agreements/qlikview/qlikview-license-metrics-en....

Here is the pertinent text from the document:

Named and Document CALs are assigned to an identified user and may not be transferred to another user unless the transfer is due to a i) termination of employment, or ii) a transfer of the user to a new business unit or group resulting in no access to the Qlik Software. When a Named User or Document CAL is transferred, there is a 7-day quarantine before the CAL can be used by another user.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Marc
Employee
Employee

In order to use the QlikView APIs the user account you are running the PowerShell as needs to be a member of the "QlikView Management API" group.

Then you can start using PowerShell to interact with the APIs

Marc_0-1600302332998.png

fabricecallegar
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hello Marc,

Thank you for your answer,

I cann connect to the server, I don't have problem with that.

I just don't know how to retrieve the list of users who haven't logged in since 90 to delete them.

regards

Fabrice

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

This would be a violation of your license terms, just FYI, so not something I would recommend you do.  Here is a link to the documentation stating when users may be removed from User and Document CAL types:

https://www.qlik.com/us/-/media/files/legal/license-agreements/qlikview/qlikview-license-metrics-en....

Here is the pertinent text from the document:

Named and Document CALs are assigned to an identified user and may not be transferred to another user unless the transfer is due to a i) termination of employment, or ii) a transfer of the user to a new business unit or group resulting in no access to the Qlik Software. When a Named User or Document CAL is transferred, there is a 7-day quarantine before the CAL can be used by another user.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.
fabricecallegar
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hello Brett,

Do you mean that remonving cals with API is a licence violation ?

If yes :

Regards

Fab