Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

remove credentials accsess point in an application

hello

good afternoon

someone could help me I need to know how to remove the login box in qlikview access point .

explain a little better when I enter the access point to see my applications asks me for a username and password ,there have an application safely and when I open it asks me credentials again I would like to know how I can make it so you do not ask me credentials if I'm already logged in the access point

regards

Thank you

Luis Espinoza

These are the credentials that I want to remove

Sin título.png

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

This dialog has nothing to do with logging into the AccessPoint. It is Section Access inside your document that is asking for a local username and password. This is document security, not Windows security or AD security and it will ask you for these credentials every time you open this document. Nothing to be done about that.

As an alternative, you can change Section Access inside the load scirpt of the document to use NTNAME (Windows AD credentials) instead of embedded USERID and PASSWORD. Using AD credentials, you can make use of the standard SSO function and no one will ever ask you for a username or password again.

This doesn't mean that you don't have security in this document anymore, it just means that if you log into Windows, the Windows domain will propagate your credentials to every application that wants to know who you are, including QlikView. Still counts as document-level security, but this time it is transparant.

Best,

Peter

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

This dialog has nothing to do with logging into the AccessPoint. It is Section Access inside your document that is asking for a local username and password. This is document security, not Windows security or AD security and it will ask you for these credentials every time you open this document. Nothing to be done about that.

As an alternative, you can change Section Access inside the load scirpt of the document to use NTNAME (Windows AD credentials) instead of embedded USERID and PASSWORD. Using AD credentials, you can make use of the standard SSO function and no one will ever ask you for a username or password again.

This doesn't mean that you don't have security in this document anymore, it just means that if you log into Windows, the Windows domain will propagate your credentials to every application that wants to know who you are, including QlikView. Still counts as document-level security, but this time it is transparant.

Best,

Peter

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

many thanks served me quite your help

excellent afternoon
greetings

Luis Espinoza