Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

renaming a bookmark

Hi

I'd like to edit the object 'bookmark' and rename the text 'Select bookmark' into the Russian language. I show this text string in the file attached.

Is there a way to do it?

Thank you in advance,

Larisa

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

This is a builtin string.

AFAIK there is only one method to change this string into its Russian counterpart, and that is by changing the QV Desktop Interface Language.

See Settings->User Properties->Click Change Interface Language Button

Best,

Peter

BTW the XML representation of a Bookmark Object has no tag for this text string either. You could try to manipulate the string using some maro code, but a trick like that won't work in the Ajax client.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi Larisa,

it looks like this text is not easily configurable (but you already know that). If you change the interface language to Russian, then the text appears in Russian. Otherwise, I'd be looking into a document extension with a CSS control that would replace the text on the AJAX client. I don't know of any other way.

cheers,

Oleg Troyansky

Check out my new book QlikView Your Business: An expert guide to Business Discovery with QlikView an...

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thank you

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

This is a builtin string.

AFAIK there is only one method to change this string into its Russian counterpart, and that is by changing the QV Desktop Interface Language.

See Settings->User Properties->Click Change Interface Language Button

Best,

Peter

BTW the XML representation of a Bookmark Object has no tag for this text string either. You could try to manipulate the string using some maro code, but a trick like that won't work in the Ajax client.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Peter,

In case the dashboards are published on ther server, do I need to do the same setting on the server?

Thank you in advance

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Unfortunately no. Just like in QV Desktop, the UI language is not a document-related setting but an installation related setting. If you change the UI language for QlikView Server, the change applies to the entire platform and to all documents hosted on your server. (the AP landing page will still be in English, as it has an entirely different method for changing the text language)

See Change Access Point Language for more information.

Of course you can avoid this by embedding strings for different languages in your document. But as we found out already, that won't let you change the "Select bookmark" text... Damn...

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks, Peter.