cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

run macro after every change in selections

Hi community,

do you know how to trigger a macro to run after every change in selections?

thanks

IB

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Alexander_Thor
Employee
Employee

I would strongly advise against running a macro for all selections as it will have performance implications.

But if you go to the document properties in your app and then to the Triggers tab there is a OnAnySelect trigger that you can attach actions to.

The action to run a macro is listed under External.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Alexander_Thor
Employee
Employee

I would strongly advise against running a macro for all selections as it will have performance implications.

But if you go to the document properties in your app and then to the Triggers tab there is a OnAnySelect trigger that you can attach actions to.

The action to run a macro is listed under External.

fkeuroglian
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi Irene, according to alexander the perfomance would be the best?

what would you do in macro? what kind of macro do you want to call every change in selection?

pherhaps you coud use some trigger or actions and the result would be the same

Good Luck

Fernando

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi, Thanks for your reply!

I've already thought about performance, but the formula I built to avoid macro didn't work well... I mean, it was composed of 3-4 levels of aggregation, a formula 150 rows long, which sometimes changed results at same selections... So I thought about avoiding the last aggr and simply read a pair of totals from a straight table and put them in variables in order to re-use them for the last aggr. In this way the formula is easier and do not return wrong results, and macro itself run quickly, cause I will never have to face with great amounts of data... or so it was told to me...

Though, I still think it's not a great idea, for now it's the only one that works... and the info, you gave me, is a useful one, anyway.

Thanks, bye

IB