Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
andyrebs
Contributor III
Contributor III

same Colour on a bar charts

Dear All,

I have have a problem in a representation of a bar chart. As you can see on the image, two values have the same colour. Why it happen, how can I solve this  problem?

Thank you in advance.

Best regards

Andrea

7 Replies
MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

Go to Chart Properties

Color Tab

and Change the Colors 1-6 and Colors 7-12 according to your need.. Make sure no two colors are same

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

You probably have "Persistent Colors" checked on the Colors tab?

-Rob

andyrebs
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thank you Rob for your answer.

Yes,"PERSISTENT COLORS" is checked, but I would keep it checked, because it is helpful on the selections.

andyrebs
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thank you Manish

I have checked, there are no duplicate colours

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

A side effect of "Persistent Colors" is that you may get colors duplicated on a chart, even with less than 18 values shown on a chart. When Persistent Colors is checked, QV pre-assigns colors to all values in the field in load order. If you have more than 18 values in the field, the assignment just rotates through the same 18 colors again. So value 19 will have the same color as value 1.

-Rob

andyrebs
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

hi Rob

thank you for your clarification. Because in the field there are more than 10.000 values, I think there are many case to find same colour for different values. Is there any possibilities to set more than 18 colours or the only solution is to uncheck "Persistent colour"?

best regards

Andrea

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

The persistent color option only supports 18 colors. You could pre-assign colors yourself using a larger set of colors, but you still may have some duplicates.

-Rob