Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stonecold111
Creator III
Creator III

searchable in straight table not working

Hi qliksss

I am attaching both xls and qvw file

i have one expression for which i enabled searchable. but i wen i give <0 . it is giving positive value also 4599

this is sample data. like this i am getting so many positive values for <0  and so many negative values for >0

what could be the reason. is there anyway that i can get >0 and <0 values accurately

Capture.PNG

for <0

-Capture.PNG

`     `press enter then

Capture.PNG

measure 4599 is coming for <0 .... Plz suggest qlikssss

Thanks in advance

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
swuehl
MVP
MVP

LOAD AutoNumberHash256(name,id,desc,group) as Key,

name,

id,

desc,

group,

colum1,

column2,

column3

FROM

[HI.xls]

(biff, embedded labels, table is Sheet1$);

Add Key field to your dimensions (you can hide the column on presentation tab).

View solution in original post

14 Replies
stonecold111
Creator III
Creator III
Author

stalwar1

sunny help me

stonecold111
Creator III
Creator III
Author

jagan

swuehl

help me

Anil_Babu_Samineni

In fact, You should not use the Wild card like *<0*. It should be <0 and i am not sure why do you need -1 over the expression. I've removed and applied it's working

(sum(colum1)-sum(column2)-sum(column3))

Capture.PNG

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
stonecold111
Creator III
Creator III
Author

yes i am using <0 only not *'s

and i need -1 in my expression. i need that in my expression. what is the problem with that -1

it just changes positive to negative. stiill qlikview should filter . don;t ask me to remove -1

anyway thanks

Anil_Babu_Samineni

May be straight table recognize the -ve values because of -1. I thought so.

don;t ask me to remove -1

Why Should I, That is your project. I am asking about what is the use of -1 over there

it just changes positive to negative

Is there any requirement to get +ve to -ve values or for formality you have written over there? If so fine. Anyway wait some time may be experts reply to you

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
stonecold111
Creator III
Creator III
Author

yes .  my requirement is to get positive and negative values for that expression.

i don't know why qlikview can't give correct results for basic expression

swuehl
MVP
MVP

The reason why you get an 'incorrect' filter is due to the fact that selections are made on dimensional field values, not on the expression values.

If you look at the dimensional values related to negative measure, you'll notice that the line with 4599 shows also dimensional values that appear in any other line with negative measure.

To overcome this, you would need to make your dimensions a primary key.

stonecold111
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Plz explain briefly. how to make dimension a primary key

stonecold111
Creator III
Creator III
Author

and why selections are made on dimensional fields when i am searching in measure filed