Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gzboy008
Contributor
Contributor

select in field doesn't work properly when value doesn't match the search string

Hi friends,
I got a problem in using "select in field" to filter data which sum figures are greater than a specific value.

Please check attached file for detail.

untitled.bmp

if the search string is

='('&concat({<Customer_ID=>} aggr(if(sum({<Customer_ID=>} Amount)>=2,Customer_ID),Customer_ID) ,'|')&')'

The reuslt's fine. I can filter the customer whose sum(Amount)>=2.

But if I use this

='('&concat({<Customer_ID=>} aggr(if(sum({<Customer_ID=>} Amount)>=5,Customer_ID),Customer_ID) ,'|')&')'

I expect no data will be display since no one meets the selection. But Qlikview display a full list and no data is filter out.

Is there anyone who has a solution???

If this approach doesn't work, is there any solution can filter out the data base on measurement? For example, customer whose sum(amount) > 100

I mean filter the data instead of create an object to display the result. Since I have another filtering need to do base on this filtering.

Thanks.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Nicole-Smith

It works for the >=2 because there are things to select.  When you do it for the >=5, it can't select anything, so everything displays (nothing is selected).  To get around it, you'd need to put in a dummy field and have it select that (see the attached for an example).

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Nicole-Smith

It works for the >=2 because there are things to select.  When you do it for the >=5, it can't select anything, so everything displays (nothing is selected).  To get around it, you'd need to put in a dummy field and have it select that (see the attached for an example).

gzboy008
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Nice! That's what I expect. Thanks for your smart idea!