cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

selection in field

Hi,

I have a difficulty selecting values in the fields in my application. Let me give an example.

Let's say that there are two fields 'Category' (values: 'ГАЗЕТЫ', 'ЖУРНАЛЫ', 'ПРЕССА В ЦЕЛОМ') and 'Brands'.

Each Brand Value can belong to one or several categories.

For instance, Brand Value = 'Cosmopolitan' is selected.

'Cosmopolitan' doesn't belong to the category 'ГАЗЕТЫ'. Hence, the category 'ГАЗЕТЫ' is marked grey.

But still it must be possible to select the category 'ГАЗЕТЫ'. While doing so, QlikView must automatically clear the selection in the field Brands, so that there would be no contradiction. But in my example this standard logic doesn't work. The User cannot select the category 'ГАЗЕТЫ' while the brand 'Cosmopolitan' is selected.

Could you please have a look?

Thank you in advance,

Larisa

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

I think the issue is related to this particular field

Capture.PNG

If I remove the 'Always One Value Selected' option for this field's list box, the application seems to be working (with all locks and triggers)

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

You have a lot of selections in other fields that are the result of a large number of Lock and Select in Field actions assigned to OnSelect field triggers. If you disable all that magic you'll probably see normal behavior again.

And disable the Always One Selected Value options for the fields that have them too.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
sunny_talwar

Gysbert, I removed all the trigger and still it isn't doing what she is asking for. I have no idea what is going on

Gysbert_Wassenaar

That data model is a mess and the trigger spaghetti is even worse. On top of that are locked fields and fields locked in an Always One Selected Value mode. Somebody should be going to a re-education camp to unlearn some nasty habits

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
sunny_talwar

trigger spaghetti

sunny_talwar

I think the issue is related to this particular field

Capture.PNG

If I remove the 'Always One Value Selected' option for this field's list box, the application seems to be working (with all locks and triggers)

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thank you!