Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
msmichael
Creator
Creator

selection is lost after a Copy State Contents event is triggered

Hi experts,

I have a simple data model with below fields:

data:
load * Inline
[
cob_date,country,value
'4/30/2019', 'US', 100
'5/31/2019', 'US', 120
'6/30/2019', 'US', 115
'4/30/2019', 'JP', 10
'5/31/2019', 'JP', 20
'6/30/2019', 'JP', 50
'4/30/2019', 'HK', 50
'5/31/2019', 'HK', 70
'6/30/2019', 'HK', 90

]

In my dashboard, I want to compare the values for the countries for different cob_date, so I create two pairs of cob_date list box and bar chart, and put them side by side. I assign each pair a separate alternate state - State1 and State2 accordingly. Below is the screen shot when I select 5/31/2019 in State1 and 4/30/2019 in State2:

state2.PNG

Now I want to add a country list, and this list should work for both states, meaning when I select a country, both bar chart should show data for this country only.

What I did is,

1. Add a Listbox of country field. the List Box is in <inherited> state.

2. Add a triggers in "Document Properties" on country field event. In this event, I copy the state to State1 and State2.

The issue is, whenever I make a selection in the country list, the two cob_date listboxes will be reset to all. So any prior selections I made in the cob_date boxed will be lost after I click in the country list box..

So my question is how to make it work so the selections in each state will keep when a country is selected?

Pls find attached my dashboard. 

thanks,

Michael

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
msmichael
Creator
Creator
Author

Never mind. I solved the problem by using set analysis in the expressions.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
msmichael
Creator
Creator
Author

Never mind. I solved the problem by using set analysis in the expressions.