Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

session logs not logging all sessions

Hi,

Has anyone have experience with session logs not logging all sessions?

I am checking QVS statistics regularly so i know that some users are logged in but i dont see it all being logged in the session log files. I also see personally that some people have logged in but i again dont see it being logged at all.

I have enabled the "Enable Session Logging" and split files weekly

Thanks

4 Replies
marcus_sommer

Sometimes the logging-service crashed and there are several log-files for a week with an extended file-extension like *.log.01 and so on. If yes you need a little change within the load-script - sometimes there are also complete empty log-files without a header - here you need a check with filesize().

- Marcus

Colin-Albert

I believe the session logs are only updated when a user finishes their session. So users who are currently logged in will not show in the log until they close their session.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Janeth,

Why don´t u use Power Tools to take a look closer to the logs and sessions? It´s easy to install and use.

Cheers

Nelson Villarreal

Not applicable
Author

i think its related to this. i know it has to wait till i close the document or my session times out but i noticed that if i open a document from access point then just close the whole browser all together, QV doesnt log that session.