Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
t_hylander
Creator
Creator

set a variable depending on a diffrent variables content

Hi

Not sure how to solve this, so not sure how to search for an answer.

Ive got several buttons, that sets a variable as a action. Button1 sets vProduct='Cars', Button2 sets vProduct='Boats' asf.

Now I want a bar chart to dynamic show the number of Products with a reclamation (I set a flag when loading the data).

date_RecFlagCars_RecFlagBoats
2017-06-0110
2017-06-0210
2017-06-0401
2017-06-0400
2017-06-0601

When Button1 is pressed the barchart should only show 'sum(_RecFlagCars)' (with date as dimension).

Id like to use the variable that I use on the Button1 to change the ending om '_RecFlag', something like this;

"Sum({<Week={=$(vCurrWeek)}>} _RecFlag" & vProduct & "')"

I've tried using a inline-table like this;

Value, expression

Cars, Sum({<Week={=$(vCurrWeek)}>} _RecFlagCars)

Boats, Sum({<Week={=$(vCurrWeek)}>} _RecFlagBoats)

But when I look at expression it shows "Sum({<Week={}>} _RecFlagCars", of some reason it dont like the variable in there

Does anyone have any idea how to solve this?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
YoussefBelloum
Champion
Champion

No, I mean on the barcharts when trying to change the expression between _RecFlagCars and _RecFlagBoats.

If($(vProduct)='Cars', Sum({<Week={=$(vCurrWeek)}>} _RecFlagCars ), Sum({<Week={=$(vCurrWeek)}>} _RecFlagBoats) )

View solution in original post

6 Replies
YoussefBelloum
Champion
Champion

Hi,

why don't you simply use an If to solve this ?

t_hylander
Creator
Creator
Author

You mean on the buttons when I assigning the variable?

YoussefBelloum
Champion
Champion

No, I mean on the barcharts when trying to change the expression between _RecFlagCars and _RecFlagBoats.

If($(vProduct)='Cars', Sum({<Week={=$(vCurrWeek)}>} _RecFlagCars ), Sum({<Week={=$(vCurrWeek)}>} _RecFlagBoats) )

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

The problem is that the $ expansion is happening inside the inline load, so it is attempting to substitute $(vCurrWeek) with the value of vCurrWeek - which is probably undefined at that point. If you load from a text file or spreadsheet, the $ expansion will not take place. In an inline, you will need to delay the expansion. This is one way

LOAD

Value,

Replace(expression, '#', '$') as expression

Inline

[

Value, expression

Cars, Sum({<Week={=#vCurrWeek)}>} _RecFlagCars)

Boats, Sum({<Week={=#(vCurrWeek)}>} _RecFlagBoats)

];

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
t_hylander
Creator
Creator
Author

ofcourse, stupid me. Works like a charm!

t_hylander
Creator
Creator
Author

This work to, but with the IF-statement theres no need for a inline-load.

Could be useful in other scenarios aswell so Ill keep it in mind.

Thanks!