Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fabio
Contributor III
Contributor III

set analysis and select excluded

I select a month, e.g. october , and i show a table T like this:

customer | sales at october (S1) | sales from january to october(S2)

S2 is calculated by set analisys like
Sum ({$ <MONTH={('1','2','3','4','5','6','7','8','9','10')}>} S1)

Now, the customer C1 don't have any sales at october.
This means C1 are an excluded value in the customers list for the current selection (month=october) and i can't select the customer C1 in the table T.

However i have to select C1, e.g. for a drill down analysis.

some trick to solve this?

thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
stephencredmond
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

You might want to have a "Data Island" (a set of data that is not connected to the main data set so selections do not cause reduction in the main data set) for that particular date selection and then use the results to the data island selections in your Charts using set analysis.

Stephen

View solution in original post

2 Replies
stephencredmond
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

You might want to have a "Data Island" (a set of data that is not connected to the main data set so selections do not cause reduction in the main data set) for that particular date selection and then use the results to the data island selections in your Charts using set analysis.

Stephen

Not applicable

Very Thanks Stephen!

This answer give me a way to do this!

But if I want to make another specific dimension selections at main data and want that selections reflects at my Data Island in Set Analysis expressions? Do you have an idea how could I do this?

I think to create a link table between Data Island and Main Data, but in this case they both will not be reduced?

Any help will be apreciated,

Thanks in advance