Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
markovalexsey
Contributor III
Contributor III

set analysis in multi-layer fact table

Hi Experts,

Need bit of help.

There is such a multi-layer fact table, in which the sales history and the current balance (stock) are combined.

I Need to calculate the balance (stock) of supplier 1 in house 1 for sales in different months.

Example 1:

January sales: sales of brand 1 supplier 1 in house 1,

result when January is selected: stock = 3

Example 2:

sales: sales of brand 2 supplier 2 in the house 2,

result when you select February: remainder = 15

In my case, it only works if I choose the current month.

I have tried many different ways of writing the set analysis but can't seem to get the correct syntax.

Regards

map_1.jpg

map_2.jpg

the expression in the chart:

Sum ({<Type_operation={'stock'}>} if(Brand_id = property_supplier2 AND property_house1 = property_supplier1 , Amount, 0))

but only works when selecting March

3 Replies
tresesco
MVP
MVP

Not really sure what you are exactly trying to achieve. To hint - why this doesn't work: since you use 'stock' as type operation fixed in expression, the expression would not return any value when for selections that don't have 'stock' data. I.e. for your feb and jan selection there is no 'stock' in available data, hence it returns nothing.

markovalexsey
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

yes, you are right, choosing January, operations with the 'stock' outside the selected period,

but it is necessary that the operations were checked in January, and displayed amount 'stock' and in any case

tresesco
MVP
MVP

It is still not very clear to me. However, I guess you might try using p().