Qlik Community

Ask a Question

QlikView App Dev

Discussion Board for collaboration related to QlikView App Development.

Announcements
Our next Qlik Insider session will cover new key capabilities. Join us August 11th REGISTER TODAY
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vonkonormalni
Contributor II
Contributor II

set analysis not working for other selections

Hi,

Long time listener, first time caller.

I have a set analysis function that sums the KPIValue for a specific period (3 months back).

The function:

sum({1<CALENDAR.calendarDate={">=$(=addmonths(monthend(max(CALENDAR.calendarDate))+1,-3)) <=$(=max(CALENDAR.calendarDate))"}>}IF(kpiName =SelectedKPI,kpiValue))

Because of "1", the function doesn't take into account other selections that I can do on the dashboard.

If I change "1" to "$", I will only get the sum of the current month selection.

If I remove "1", I get the same (sum of current month selection).

Mind you, I have only enabled Month, and Year selections from the time dimension.

How can I change the function above to be able to take into consideration other selections from existing List Boxes that I have?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Sorry, you need to remove the 1 set identifer in my previous post:

sum({<CALENDAR.calendarDate={">=$(=addmonths(monthend(max(CALENDAR.calendarDate))+1,-3)) <=$(=max(CALENDAR.calendarDate))"}, Year=, Month= >}

IF(kpiName =SelectedKPI,kpiValue))

View solution in original post

5 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

You probably need to clear selections in all calendar fields the user may select in, e.g. Year and Month:

sum({1<CALENDAR.calendarDate={">=$(=addmonths(monthend(max(CALENDAR.calendarDate))+1,-3)) <=$(=max(CALENDAR.calendarDate))"}, Year=, Month= >}

vonkonormalni
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Yes, I have year and month available for selection.

But adding that info in the formula (as you suggested), doesn't change a thing. I think that there is similar case on this forum, but it doesn't work for me.

The calculation returns the value for the sum of the 3 months, irrelevant of the other list box selections.

tresesco
MVP
MVP

Please share a sample app. There could be many other things in your app.

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Sorry, you need to remove the 1 set identifer in my previous post:

sum({<CALENDAR.calendarDate={">=$(=addmonths(monthend(max(CALENDAR.calendarDate))+1,-3)) <=$(=max(CALENDAR.calendarDate))"}, Year=, Month= >}

View solution in original post

vonkonormalni
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thank you!