Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

set monthname multi langauge?

I have a set Monthname in Dutch

SET MonthNames='jan;feb;mrt;apr;mei;jun;jul;aug;sep;okt;nov;dec';

I have multi language and when I select Eng MonthNames must change in to

SET MonthNames='Jan;Feb;Mar;Apr;May;Jun;Jul;Aug;Sep;Oct;Nov;Dec';

Can you help me?

8 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

If it's OK to change settings before reload, you can use a variable vLanguage with possible values 'English'. 'Dutch', etc., and check its value in the script. Depending on value, use differrent SET MonthName statements.
Certainly all users of the document will see the same language wich was selected before reload. If this is not acceptable, there solution will be more complex. For example, you have to keep multiple month fields and show them depending on language.

Not applicable
Author

I want it after the reload. If you select then a language you see the monthname in that language

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

In this case you have to keep Months in all languages you use, for example Month_E and Month_D. How to show them is up to you. There could be conditional show of objects with different Month fields depending on vLanguage variable, or calculated dimension in each object, like
if(vLanguage='English', Month_E, Month_D).

johnw
Champion III
Champion III

Here's one approach:

[Language Month Table]:
LOAD *
,mod(recno()-1,12)+1 as Month
;
LOAD
Language
,subfield(MonthNames,';') as MonthName
INLINE [
Language, MonthNames
Dutch,jan;feb;mrt;apr;mei;jun;jul;aug;sep;okt;nov;dec
English,Jan;Feb;Mar;Apr;May;Jun;Jul;Aug;Sep;Oct;Nov;Dec
];

See attached for it in use.

Not applicable
Author

thx it is working

Not applicable
Author

Hello,

I tried to use this solution for months and it's working fine on charts, but when I try to create list box I get all of the values in every language available on the filter. When I choose one of the languages I get its monthnames at top and the other language's months appears as well (with gray background as they're not selected). How to get rid of them and show only the values for selected language?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

You can use option "Hide Excluded" in your listbox, or use calculated list box with "if" or "set" condition.

pavandhananjaya
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I am not able to access your qvw file. Since I'm using  qlik sense. Could you please  post your expression(how to use) to translate months here ?