Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

show both totals and the percentage of total in pivot

WP_20141007_23_53_40_Pro.jpg

Dear Qlikview community,

I managed to replicate the white part of the screenshot attached in a Pivot table in Qlikview.

Some questions remain:

Can I add the total sum as well (G6) and add the totals per category as well?

Can I add share (%)  both on the X and Y-axis as well as highlighted in the Picture?

If yes, what would be the required steps?

Thanks a Million !

Rob

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Adding the G-column's Total is not a problem.

Just click in "Show Partial Sums" for both your dimensions (Category & Customer) and they will show up both to the right and below.

From what I know it is not possible to add the Percentage to the right/below exactly as in your picture.

You can add a second expression similar to SUM(x)/SUM(TOTAL <dim> x), but that would  create an additional set of values for all your combinations, not only the Total %.

Kind regards

Niklas

View solution in original post

13 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Adding the G-column's Total is not a problem.

Just click in "Show Partial Sums" for both your dimensions (Category & Customer) and they will show up both to the right and below.

From what I know it is not possible to add the Percentage to the right/below exactly as in your picture.

You can add a second expression similar to SUM(x)/SUM(TOTAL <dim> x), but that would  create an additional set of values for all your combinations, not only the Total %.

Kind regards

Niklas

antoniotiman
Master III
Master III

Hi Rob,

I did the best I could.

See Attachment.

Regards,

Antonio

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Attached are a few examples of alternative presentations.

The Container object might be a good solution for you to be able to show the three different expressions.

Kind regards

Niklas

JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

This one can be done with extra data modelling coding and some IF() expressions in the chart

Capture.PNG.png

In the data model i create new fields for category and customer that also have 'total' and '% share' dimensional values.

In the screenshot below, each category is matched to the same category. Total is matched to all categories as is '% Share'

This is repeated for customers in another table. The tables are dynamically built so no maintenance.

The chart has IF() for the expressions to calculate a sum() or  SUM()/sum(total) depending on the dimension values. So is the text format (bold) for both dimensions and expressions. Then there is a sort order so that total is 2nd last and % share is last

Capture.PNG.png

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Niklas !

Not applicable
Author

Hi Niklas,

I am still using the home edition for a while. Any Chance to send me a few screenshots on this?

Rob

Not applicable
Author

Hi Antonio,

Thanks for your Response.

I unfortunately forgot to mention that I still use the home Edition and cannot open any qvw files 😞

Any chances to share a few screenshots?

Rob

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Jon for the extensive descriptions. Can you share a screenshot or Abstract on the modelling as I still use the home Edition and cannot open any qvw files...

Cheers !

Rob

antoniotiman
Master III
Master III

Share.pngI share a screenshot

Regards,

Antonio