Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

sort on month names not working

Hi,

I am a QlikView learner.

I have Month_Name & Year_Num columns from Calendar dimension and I am displaying them in two list boxes.

I've sorted Month_Name column for calendar order[Jan,Feb,Mar..etc] ( in Sort --> Expression) by using another column called Month_ID. It is sorted & displayed  properly , but when i click specific year from Year_Num list box the Month_Name column order is changing it is not showing in calendar order.

And also i have done this work around "Match(CLNDR_MTH_SHNM, $(=chr(39) & Replace(MonthNames, ';', chr(39) & ',' & chr(39)) & chr(39)))" , but still the month names order is changing.

Could you please let me know , why this order is changing and also let me know , is there anyway to better for this scenario.

Thanks in advance !!

Sridhar.B

5 Replies
sunny_talwar

How are you creating your Month_Name in the calendar? Try using Month() or MonthName() functions, if you are not already using it and then try to sort them by numeric value.

HTH

Best,

S

MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

Better if we can see the sample apps. Kindly provide the same...Thnx

Not applicable
Author

Hi sunindia,

I have calendar dimension table , in that i have month_short_name,month_full_name,month_num , year_num ..etc columns are there..

My requirement is i want to display year_num & month_short_name columns in list boxes , the month_short_name column values should be in calendar order ( Jan,Feb,Mar..etc).

I am able display the month_short_name in calendar order , but when i select different years , the month_short_name order is changing , it is not constant ..

I want that month_short_name column should be ordered and should not change the order , if i select different years.

sunny_talwar

Will you be able to post the script for your Calendar table here?

Best,

S

Colin-Albert

Define your various month fields as dual values using dual().

Set the text part as the month names, short name etc, and the numeric part as the month No.

Your fields will then display the text in the correct sort order when you set the sort order as number.

Use the power of dual().