Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
michael_klix
Creator II
Creator II

sorting in multi box DISREGARDING state

Hi,

this is my problem:

There is a text field containing the quarters of each year (e.g. '2015 Q1'). I want to choose the Quarter from a drop down multi-box. But it is impossible to keep the quarters in the right order. The selected one is always on top, even though sorting order by state is ticked off.

Is this a bug or a feature? Any ideas?

Keep Qliking

Michael

13 Replies
sunny_talwar

On the sort tab, can you make sure that 'state' option is unchecked?

michael_klix
Creator II
Creator II
Author

as I said...it is ticked off:

sunny_talwar

Sorry, I missed that. Can you try checking Numeric Value also (while keeping Text)

marcus_sommer

Hi Michael,

maybe this is an alternative for you: Building a nicer, dynamic QlikView multibox The Qlik Fix!

- Marcus

michael_klix
Creator II
Creator II
Author

same result 😞

michael_klix
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Very nice hint and I like Barry's demo app.

But actually it suffers from the same problem: The selected values are always at the top even with sort by status is ticked off.

marcus_sommer

I have checked this even with various expressions like: =aggr(concat({1} distinct Region, ',', Region), Region) but the selected values are always on the top and break the sorting. Therefore it's a "feature".

An alternatively (which I use quite often) for you might be to use listboxes with a container instead of a multibox.

- Marcus

Anonymous
Not applicable

in the sort tab define this Expression

only({1}QUARTER)

michael_klix
Creator II
Creator II
Author

really strange result in my model, it breaks the alphabetical order AND sorts by status