Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vidit
Creator
Creator

stacked waterfall graph

Hi

i have the following stacked graph, with two dimension and an expression

how can i convert it to waterfall graph. PFA the qvw.

thanks

QuarterRegionSALE
Q1E10
Q1W20
Q1N80
Q1S10
Q2E25
Q2W15
Q2N20
Q2S25
Q3E32
Q3W10
Q3N5
Q3S50

!

11 Replies
sunny_talwar

Like this?

Capture.PNG

Bar Offset Expression:

=If(Region = 'E',

If(Quarter = 'Q2',Sum(TOTAL {<Quarter = {'Q1'}>}Sale),

If(Quarter = 'Q3',Sum(TOTAL {<Quarter = {'Q1', 'Q2'}>}Sale))))

Capture.PNG

Vidit
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi,

Thanks for your message.\

But i would not like to hardcode the quarter vaules, i was hoping to do this using rangesum. is that possible?

sunny_talwar

Try this:

=Aggr(RangeSum(Above(Sum(Sale), 1, RowNo())), Quarter)

Capture.PNG

Not applicable

Hi Sunny,

i try to use your algorithm on my data to realize exactly what you solve. But there are some cases that it fail. I create a chart in wich the 2 dimension can vary dinamically (so i've a source table with more than 2 dimensions). But in some case i have stacked that collapse to zero. If you take a look to my .qvw you understand my problem. I think the problem is the order in wich i load the data, so if the data is ordered by the second dimension the problem disappear, but due to the dinamically change of dimensions i'can't have data order by a static dimension ... Can you help me?

Thx a lot !

sunny_talwar

I might not have understood your issue completely, but try the attached

Capture.PNG

Just worked on this one chart. Not sure if you were referring to the charts at the bottom or this. But let us know

Not applicable

Hi sunny, your tip is exactly what i want. But there are some cases that still doesen't work (see image 1).

1Error.JPG

I thought I had solved unchecking on "Suppress zero values" (See image 2)

2Error.JPG

But this uncheck in some cases cause this error: "Drawing of chart failed internally" (see image 3)

3Error.JPG

While if i check "Suppress zero values" the error disappear and the chart appears correctly... (see image 4)

4Error.JPG

See the attachment for QVW

sunny_talwar

I am not seeing the issue as you mentioned (Drawing of chart failed internally)

Capture.PNG

Not applicable

Probably is due to the version of qlikview? Wich version do you use? I have 11.20.12904.0 SR12 64bit edition . The strange thing is that another my collegue wich has 11.20 sr15 can see this association (Dimensione->Priorita, Dettaglio->Ambito di competenza) but has the error message in another association... it seems random? Please try to visualize all possible combination in Dimensione and Dettaglio... see if there is some case that fail... thx!!!

sunny_talwar

I have QV 12 (Version 12.10.10000.0 SR1)... checking