cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
edwin
Master II
Master II

state of Transfer State between chained documents

Hi, we have been struggling with transfer state for a while now.  it does not appear to be very reliable. 
ive seen a few (actually more than a few) posts re this and it looks to me that the most reliable solution is to use URL (which may be maintenance heavy when you have lots for filters)
does anyone know where we are with this?  i would think that since this functionality has been around for a long time that Qlik would have figured this out by now.

how have everyone been dealing with it?  would appreciate to hear how others are coping with this.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

The only thing of which I can point to is some recent work that has been done by R&D researching some performance related issues at a few larger customers where Session Recovery was in play and have use of user/server bookmarks etc.  There can be situations where the 'system' bookmarks, those used for Session Recovery/LastKnownState, and document chaining etc., may be competing with the user bookmarks etc. and causing issues in getting to the bookmarks in a timely manner.  The engineers are working on this, but there is no current solution available, it will be in a post 12.50 release as far as I know, so be sure to keep an eye out for those new releases and check the Release Notes to see if that has been added etc.  Only thing of which I can think, and the only workaround would be to potentially try to reduce the load on the shared files, ensure you are using tshared files now and/or ensure very low latency disk units in use for the shared files etc. to help improve the performance of things.  Hopefully this may help somewhat.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

The only thing of which I can point to is some recent work that has been done by R&D researching some performance related issues at a few larger customers where Session Recovery was in play and have use of user/server bookmarks etc.  There can be situations where the 'system' bookmarks, those used for Session Recovery/LastKnownState, and document chaining etc., may be competing with the user bookmarks etc. and causing issues in getting to the bookmarks in a timely manner.  The engineers are working on this, but there is no current solution available, it will be in a post 12.50 release as far as I know, so be sure to keep an eye out for those new releases and check the Release Notes to see if that has been added etc.  Only thing of which I can think, and the only workaround would be to potentially try to reduce the load on the shared files, ensure you are using tshared files now and/or ensure very low latency disk units in use for the shared files etc. to help improve the performance of things.  Hopefully this may help somewhat.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.
edwin
Master II
Master II
Author

Thanks Brett for the response.  for a while there i thought we were forgotten : ).
we do have a work around that i feel was unnecessary.

yes, we will keep our eyes peeled.

thanks,

edwin