Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vwjconsultancy
Contributor
Contributor

strange behavior selections

hi,
I would like to share a problem with selections. When i select a market and  a quarter there is no issue, but when i select a Month that is not in the quarter all my filters are Cleared. but i have a the market also in this month. A example: selected Market API and Q1 then select oct. the filter on the market must stay.
test1.JPGtest2.JPGtest3.JPG
Labels (5)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
hic
Former Employee
Former Employee

If you click on an excluded value - a gray value - the engine needs to clear one or several other selections, to be able to execute the new selection.

If there is more than one selection, the engine first clears one field to see if the new selection can be made, and if so, makes the selection. If the new selection cannot be executed, the engine continues clearing the next field, and so clears field by field until the selection can be made.

This means, that it may happen that the engine clears the fields in the "wrong" order. The reason is simple: The engine cannot "know" which field that excludes your selected value.

And this is what happens in your case: The engine clears Market first, then Quarter, but you would like it to be in the other order. Unfortunately there is no simple way to make the engine do the "right" thing. In QlikView, you can lock the Market field before you click on Month, but this is not possible in Qlik Sense.

/HIC

View solution in original post

2 Replies
sunny_talwar

What exactly are you hoping for it to do?

hic
Former Employee
Former Employee

If you click on an excluded value - a gray value - the engine needs to clear one or several other selections, to be able to execute the new selection.

If there is more than one selection, the engine first clears one field to see if the new selection can be made, and if so, makes the selection. If the new selection cannot be executed, the engine continues clearing the next field, and so clears field by field until the selection can be made.

This means, that it may happen that the engine clears the fields in the "wrong" order. The reason is simple: The engine cannot "know" which field that excludes your selected value.

And this is what happens in your case: The engine clears Market first, then Quarter, but you would like it to be in the other order. Unfortunately there is no simple way to make the engine do the "right" thing. In QlikView, you can lock the Market field before you click on Month, but this is not possible in Qlik Sense.

/HIC