Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Community Office Hours, March 20th. Former Talend Community users, ask your questions live. SIGN UP
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
anonymous1
Contributor III
Contributor III

subtract days field from date field

hi, 

i have 2 fields [Date] in format 'DD/MMM/YYYY' and [Days], i need to subtract the days from the date field.  im currently having no luck, any suggestions as to how this gets done?

Labels (3)
4 Replies
sunny_talwar

Date(Date - Days) should work as long as they are read as dual fields...

anonymous1
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

this doesnt work also.  the DATE has format 'DD-MMM-YYYY' and DAYS is an integer 

sunny_talwar

Should work... can you share a sample where this isn't working?

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Natasha, have a look at the following Design Blog post, should hopefully give you some further info to go along with Sunny's posts.  Don't forget to mark posts that helped using the Accept as Solution button or post what you did in the end and mark that...

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Design-Blog/The-Date-Function/ba-p/1463157

There are a couple other links at the bottom of the link above just FYI that might help as well.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.