cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

swap states

Hi,

There's a trigger action on select (Swap alternate states) for the field Month in my application.

It works fine for the fiels Month.

But I noticed that after that trigger had been added, other fields started swapping alternate states on clear, for instance. But I don't need other fields to swap states on clear.

Is it a bug?

How is it possible to transfer months selection in state $ to months selection in state AS on select without affecting other fields?

Thank you in advance,

Larisa

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

Most of them are fine, its those hidden ones which are driven by selection in a field are kind of dangerous and probably if you have just one of those, you still may be fine, but issue is when you have multiple triggers like those than you end up creating a loop of triggers which may not work the way you expect them to work.

I always try to stay away from triggers until they are absolute necessary. But that's just my opinion and other may not feel the same way as I do.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
sunny_talwar

Read this blog by HIC which talks a little about Triggers. Triggers are not always a safe options to use (specially when you don't see the impact directly) and have created problems for me in the past.

Macros are Bad

HTH

Best,

Sunny

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Is it safe then to use a very simple trigger like

Set Variable Flag = 1 on select?

I mean do the simlest trigger actions like this work fine?

sunny_talwar

Most of them are fine, its those hidden ones which are driven by selection in a field are kind of dangerous and probably if you have just one of those, you still may be fine, but issue is when you have multiple triggers like those than you end up creating a loop of triggers which may not work the way you expect them to work.

I always try to stay away from triggers until they are absolute necessary. But that's just my opinion and other may not feel the same way as I do.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

thank you!

sunny_talwar

‌No problem. May be hic‌ can share his views and guide us better.

Best,

Sunny