Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

table diagram

hi all.

i am using a table diagram with one dimension and one formula to display certain information (dimension = examtypes; formula: total passes in examtype.)

if - for example there are 3 examtypes A, B and C and a selected company has passed A (2 times) and B  (one time) and did not participate in C yet, my diagram shows:

exam A2
exam B1

what i want is the diagram also to display a third line that shows

exam C0

is this possible within this diagram type ?

if not, how can it be done ?

thanks a lot for any hints.

regards.

K

9 Replies
Sokkorn
Master
Master

Hi kalinkula,

Just verify that the result that you looking for is

exam A2
exam B1
exam C0

Does it right or not?

Regards,

Sokkorn

rohit214
Creator III
Creator III

hi

use in dimension examtype

and in expresion use sum(total passes) and in presentation tab in null symbol make it 0 in place of' -'

may it helps you

thanks

rohit

Not applicable
Author

Yes. this is right. I figured out how to do this, BUT now i am running in a new problem. When i add another dimension ('required') i see zeros for exams that not have been taken, but were required.

this is how it looks:

EXAMTYPE - PASSED - REQUIRED_PASSES

exam A - 2 - 1

exam B - 1 - 1

exam C - 0 - 0

this is what i want:

EXAMTYPE - PASSED - REQUIRED_PASSES

exam A - 2 - 1

exam B - 1 - 1

exam C - 0 - 2

how can i do this ?

Sokkorn
Master
Master

Hi,

Did you check REQUIRED_PASSES for exam C have value or not? I think in datasource have 0 value; it not 2. What kind of chart type you use?

Regards,

Sokkorn

Not applicable
Author

Yes i did check. And it actually has a value. Its a strange pattern: Whenever PASSED = 0, then also REQUIRED_PASSES = 0, eventhough it is not.

I am using a basic table diagram to display the data.

i have made a little sample - how can i add it to my posting ?

Not applicable
Author

i have added a sample file to my original posting.

when you click on company A you will see that the diagram schows a '-' in the column REQUIRED_PASSES. It should show 2 for exam C.

Any idea, why ?

thanks!

Sokkorn
Master
Master

Hi,

When you click reply me, then at the right corner click on <Use advanced editor>. After that you will see the box for attached file. Please go ahead and we try to solve your issue together.

Regards,

Sokkron

Not applicable
Author

when you click on company A you will see that the diagram schows a '-' in the column REQUIRED_PASSES. It should show 2 for exam C.

Sokkorn
Master
Master

Hi,

Sorry for late reply. I think your expression is right.

What wrong with Straight Table? If I add one more company as dimension, then I notice that have one null row in column company (if we select company A). This one is a logic because company A don't have any exam C (tries table).

See my attached file.

Regards,

Sokkorn