Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
patrou38
Creator
Creator

tighten your selection

Hello,

sometimes the  "please, tighten your selection" message appears and I don't know why.

Is someone have also this kind of issue ?

what I've to do to avoid this ?

thank you for your help?

Patrick

4 Replies
Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

It sounds like the developer of your document applied Calculation Conditions to some of the object, and replaced the standard Error Message "Calculation Condition Unfulfilled" with a custom error message "please tighten your selection".

If this is the case, it was done on purpose, to avoid heavy calculations on long lists. If you'd like to modify these behaviors, open Object Properties, General tab, and revise the Calculation Condition.

cheers,

Oleg Troyansky

Upgrade your Qlik skills with my book QlikView Your Business: An Expert Guide to Business Discovery with QlikView and Qlik Sense

Siva_Sankar
Master II
Master II

Hi Patrick,

Probably Oleg said may be the issue in your case. To confim this, right click on the object where the message appears and go to 'General' tab and check...see below screenshot..

Error.JPG

If you are seeing some messages in the condition, then probably this could be one of the reason why you are getting that message. You need to check the developer who created the dashboard.

Or if possible try uploading the qvw file...we will try to see and help if possible.

Siva

Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi Siva,

thanks for clarifying my message, but the setting that you have circled is not quite that.

The Calculation Condition should contain a Boolean condition that limits the amount of data. For example:

Count(CustomerID) <=100000

Then, the text "Please tighten your selections" would be found under "Error Messages" - the button located at the bottom of the screen in your image. This would be an overriding message for the standard message "Calculation Condition Unfulfilled".

cheers,

Oleg Troyansky

Upgrade your Qlik skills with my book QlikView Your Business: An Expert Guide to Business Discovery with QlikView and Qlik Sense

Siva_Sankar
Master II
Master II

Ah! Got it,  Oleg, but still not possible to exactly say where the message is coming from unless or until he shares the app.