Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

time range for avg date

Hi everyone,

i got stuck with a huge problem. ok let me explain.

I have a lot of products and every product has a PoductID and every ProductID can have a lot of ShippingDates.

Product ID     ShippingDate

123                    20.03.2012

123                    25.04.2012

123                    10.10.2012

345                    02.01.2012

345                    09.08.2012

What I want to do now is create an pivot table with the dimensions StoreName and ProductID and the expression Profit. ok that actually sounds easy but now there is my actual problem. I only want to show products their average date was in a specific time range. and I dont know how to achive how to set the timerange for the average shipping date. so lets say my timerange is 01.03.2012 - 25.05.2012 so in my chart only the ProductID 123 should be shown cause the avg date is 22.04.2012 (this number isnt right just made up to make my problem clear). I just don't know how to build the chart right because in set analysis i cant use avg(shippingdate) = {...}

so does anyone know how i could do this?

regards,

MT

3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hm,

Since you have several line items for each order (since there are multiple shipping dates), do you have a table above that in the hiearchy with each individual order represented as one row of data?

In that case I would probably suggest calculating the "average date" for each order in the higher level table and then just using this value for the chart.

Not applicable
Author

I don't have a tabe above this one in the hierachy! the problem bothers me now for a couple of days and I don't have any idea left how to solve it i tried aready a couple things I used a if in the expression saying if (shipping date > Date1 and shippingdate > date2, sum(profit)) but that only works if there is no storeID so i really don't know how to continue and this is just one example out of many what i have tried.

regards,

MT

Not applicable
Author

please can anyone help me it is very important

regards,

MT