cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ssriramin19
Contributor III
Contributor III

total in pivot table

Below is the requirement screenshot (as from excel requirement)

test_a.jpg

Below is the actual image with the above chart created in pivot table. My question here is how to achieve the grand total in the above chart .The total portion is highlighted . the total needs to be calculated only for the mentioned columns. Total needs to be appear after the column december .How this needs to be achieved?

Can you please suggest some approach on getting this .

test_a.jpg

18 Replies
ssriramin19
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

can anyone please suggest me suitable methods on how to achieve the above requirement ?

vikasmahajan

Refer this link try to implement the same c= a+b column total in pivot

Vikas

Hope this resolve your issue.
If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution & like it.
If you want to go quickly, go alone. If you want to go far, go together.
ssriramin19
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

can you please elaborate a bit .I did went through the details in your requirement . But what exactly needs to be done.

vikasmahajan

Like a,b  you have data type and this you can use for grouping and can implement the same for totaling

Viikas

Hope this resolve your issue.
If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution & like it.
If you want to go quickly, go alone. If you want to go far, go together.
petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

To get a total on the rightmost column you will have to go to the oresentation tab and select your month dimension and then select "sub totals on bottom".

See the attched QVW

ssriramin19
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

but this option gives total for all the expressions. I don't want the total to be displayed for all the expression.Only for the needed (as you can see highlighted above) only for the selected columns total needs to computed.

I did tried the option in the presentation tab but that was the right requirement to replicate.

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

For the expressions which do not want total use this expression like below

=If(RowNo() = 0, '', Sum(Sales)/Sum(TOTAL Sales))

Regards,

Jagan.

petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Jagan is right you only have to put an If() expression to exclude/include the expressions you want to have totalled.

ssriramin19
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

How this should be done?meaning I need to include the total values only for selected expression as shown above/

But this total needs to be shown after the month of december .where this expression =If(RowNo() = 0, '', Sum(Sales)/Sum(TOTAL Sales)) needs to be written?

can you clarify on this