Contributor III
Contributor III

trigger to a chart

Hello-

I new in Qlikview and I need help-

I have a container with 5 tabs,

in each of those there a diffrent bar-chart,

i'm looking for a solution:

when you qlick on one of the bars, a specific table is openes depending on the tab.

when moving to another tab, and qlick there on one of the bars, a different table is opens,

there any way to do this? (flag \trigger or something)

I beg someone to help me .

Dambeldor.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
tresesco
MVP
MVP

In container, there is no way (as of now and expected to have in newer releases) of identifying which chart/object is active. Here fails your expected output. Otherwise, you could think of conditional view of tables on selection of field values (since you actually select dimension member when select a bar from a chart).

View solution in original post

7 Replies
svanderwerf
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Have you tried using a 'drill down group'?

That way you can make 'levels' in your dimensions.

For example:

Say you want to display the sales per year in a bar chart. Then your dimension would be 'Year' and your expression would be:

sum(Sales)

Now, when you would like to see the sales per month within a specific year in that same bar chart by clicking on that year, you can use a drill down group.

1) In the 'Dimension' tab of your chart properties click the button 'Edit groups'.

2) Create a new drill down group which contains Year and Month as dimension values.

3) Name the group _YearMonth (any other name will do, but just to clarify).

4) Replace the 'Year' dimension with the group you just created.

Take a look at your bar chart and click on a year.

Is this something that you mean?

tresesco
MVP
MVP

In container, there is no way (as of now and expected to have in newer releases) of identifying which chart/object is active. Here fails your expected output. Otherwise, you could think of conditional view of tables on selection of field values (since you actually select dimension member when select a bar from a chart).

Not applicable

To achieve what you are describing you wouldnt need the container box but use the conditional show option on the charts instead?

dambeldor
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Helo-

Sorry I did not reply until now

Thank you invested your time to help me.

Stevan- I need that when you qlik on the bar another table with a different dimension and different expressions will open,

and the current bar-chart will disappear.

and I need diffrent table for each bar chart (5 of those in 5 tabs [container])

there is any trigger when you use drill down ?

Tresesco- I don't want to use the select on filed, because I don't want that it will happen when you choose the filed from the other object as a list box.

Felim- how?

Thanks any way, I realy appreciate that.

dambeldor
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks.

dambeldor
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks.

dambeldor
Contributor III