Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
msmichael
Creator
Creator

trying to understand how accesspoint work..

Hi,

Seems to me the AccessPoint always keep the changes users make on their own? Is that right?

I have developed a QVW file on my local, there are four sheets in it, look like below,

local.PNG

Then I opened it from chrome (the ajax version from AccessPoint), and I added a new sheet from there, this was how it looked, (note the "Sheet5" sheet is the one I added)

accesspoint.PNG

After that, I made some small changes to the local version (the one without "Sheet5"), and turned over into AccessPoint, however when I opened the ajax version, I still see the "Sheet5" sheet. Isn't the AccessPoint version supposed to be overwritten and losing the changes users make?

Thanks,

Michael

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @msmichael ,

Marcus is correct that the these are user objects and stored in the .share file of the QVW. Please have a look at the Qlik Support article "Shared Files - General Information" for more information on share files.

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
marcus_sommer

No, this are server-objects which are stored separtely within the shared-file of the app.

- Marcus

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @msmichael ,

Marcus is correct that the these are user objects and stored in the .share file of the QVW. Please have a look at the Qlik Support article "Shared Files - General Information" for more information on share files.

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!
msmichael
Creator
Creator
Author

Thank you both!