Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
msmichael
Creator
Creator

trying to understand how accesspoint work..

Hi,

Seems to me the AccessPoint always keep the changes users make on their own? Is that right?

I have developed a QVW file on my local, there are four sheets in it, look like below,

local.PNG

Then I opened it from chrome (the ajax version from AccessPoint), and I added a new sheet from there, this was how it looked, (note the "Sheet5" sheet is the one I added)

accesspoint.PNG

After that, I made some small changes to the local version (the one without "Sheet5"), and turned over into AccessPoint, however when I opened the ajax version, I still see the "Sheet5" sheet. Isn't the AccessPoint version supposed to be overwritten and losing the changes users make?

Thanks,

Michael

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @msmichael ,

Marcus is correct that the these are user objects and stored in the .share file of the QVW. Please have a look at the Qlik Support article "Shared Files - General Information" for more information on share files.

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
marcus_sommer

No, this are server-objects which are stored separtely within the shared-file of the app.

- Marcus

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @msmichael ,

Marcus is correct that the these are user objects and stored in the .share file of the QVW. Please have a look at the Qlik Support article "Shared Files - General Information" for more information on share files.

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!
msmichael
Creator
Creator
Author

Thank you both!