Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
anatle1234
Contributor III
Contributor III

turn row value in to column

hi,

I have this table in data base:

order_id    site_id  ........

1                2

1                3

I have more columns in this table but what I need is for this specific values (site id and order id)  to make it look like this in the table in QV:

order_id  Site A  Site Z

1             2           3

Instead of 2 rows I want to see it in columns but without affecting all other columns in the report..

can someone help?

thanks

Anat

14 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Perhaps this helps: The Generic Load

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Anil_Babu_Samineni

Generic Load Fields,,,...

Please add me Anil_Babu_Samineni to interact faster when reply back. Speak low think High.

Before develop something, think If placed (The Right information | To the right people | At the Right time | In the Right place | With the Right context)
anatle1234
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

but the generic load example is when 3 columns are involved:

but I don't have the third column I have 2.untitled.png

Or
MVP
MVP

Perhaps someone else will have a simpler approach, but this seems like a case where I'd use row numbering by dimensions:

Orders:

Load * INLINE [

OrderID, SiteID

1, 2

1, 3

2, 2

3, 1

3, 3

3, 4

];

Left join (Orders)

Load OrderID, SiteID, if(OrderID=previous(OrderID),rangesum(1,peek(Row)),1) as Row, 'Site ' & if(OrderID=previous(OrderID),rangesum(1,peek(Row)),1)  as RowDisplay

Resident Orders

Order By OrderID, SiteID;

The resulting chart (pivoted by RowDisplay):

The concept is further elaborated on here:

Count rows per group

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Then how do you know that site_id 2 translates to Site A? Apparently you have that information somewhere or can generate it using some logic.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
anatle1234
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

thanks

this seems like what I need, I will try it.

Or
MVP
MVP

That got me at first too, but I think they aren't actually SiteA, SiteB, etc. They're just generic "First site, second site, third site".

anatle1234
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I am not able to get SITE 1, SITE2 as column, I get it in rows. can you please explain what you put in the dimension and expression?

Or
MVP
MVP

I created a pivot table and set the Row as the pivoted dimension (by dragging it to the top of the pivot table).