Qlik Community

QlikView App Dev

Discussion Board for collaboration related to QlikView App Development.

Announcements
IMPORTANT security patches for GeoAnalytics Server available to download: READ DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
london1980
Contributor III
Contributor III

.txt file not uploading fully

Hi All,

I have a .txt file that I'm pulling the data from. It has 130k lines in it, QV is only importing 90k of these lines. I tried some other .txt files as well, it's always doing the same thing, not importing the entire file.

When I open my .txt in Excel and save it as .xlsx file and then import it, then it works but I have to do it every day. Anyone's got an idea how to fix this?

Here is my import script:

LOAD IMPORT_DATE,

     WEEK_NO,

     SKU,

     QTY

    

FROM

[\\ant\daily_extracts\Demand.txt]

(txt, codepage is 1252, embedded labels, delimiter is '\t', msq);

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
marcus_sommer
MVP & Luminary
MVP & Luminary

Try it without msq and an eof-handling like:

(txt, codepage is 1252, embedded labels, no eof, delimiter is '\t', msq)

If this not worked you need to find the records which are not loaded respectively the record on which the loading stopped - recno() and rowno() are very helpful here: Counters in the Load - and then to search which chars could be cause the problem (you will probably need a hex-editor for this).

- Marcus

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

There might be a character in that file somewhere that's not in the codepage 1252 set. You could try UTF-8.


talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
sinanozdemir
Specialist III
Specialist III

When you open it in Excel, are you still using '\t' as the delimiter or something different? I have never had this problem, but I am just curious now.

nagarjuna_kotha
Partner
Partner

Hi Mahm,

i'm Not sure but I give you suggestion to you, if you do that you might get it.

1) Open your text file Crtl +A and Crtl + C.

2) Open one new Excel file and CRTL + V and Save.

load the excel in your script. I tried this last time. if it possible try this.

Regards,

Nagarjuna

marcus_sommer
MVP & Luminary
MVP & Luminary

Try it without msq and an eof-handling like:

(txt, codepage is 1252, embedded labels, no eof, delimiter is '\t', msq)

If this not worked you need to find the records which are not loaded respectively the record on which the loading stopped - recno() and rowno() are very helpful here: Counters in the Load - and then to search which chars could be cause the problem (you will probably need a hex-editor for this).

- Marcus