Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

url in expressions is getting displayed in multiple rows

Hi Experts,

I have a Pivot Table where we have some table dimensions and few calculated dimensions. The calculated dimensions is splitting the data in many rows. We have an url in the expressions, it is also getting displayed in many rows. My requirement is that the url link should show in a single row.

Can you please help ?

Please find attached a screenshot of the issue.

We need to get a single "click here" option for a single date.

qlik.JPG

3 Replies
marcus_sommer

It's not possible to show an expression like a dimension to grouped to one value - if you displayed beside your main-dimension dimensions with a lower granularity the expression will be calculated for each of them. You could put some additional check-conditions in this expression to force a NULL result for all rows unless the first/last or any other row which you liked to display the link.

- Marcus

Not applicable
Author

Hi Marcus,

Thanks for the quick reply.

But, if I force a Null result, in that case only 1 row will display "click here" and others will be blank. I want to have a single merged-row effect actually, this I think won't be possible.

I also tried putting this value as a calculated dimension and promoting it . In this case, a single merged row is coming but the url is not working.

Can you suggest any other way ?

Thanks in advance.

Regards

marcus_sommer

Yes you couldn't merge cells in qv like in excel - the only way is to create a single cell-row for your other dimension-values in a calculated dimension like: concat(distinct Year, chr(10), Year) but this had disadvantages by exporting the data or because you need to set the number of to display rows (quasi the row-height) global and pobably some more ...

In addition to my NULL suggestion from above you could in this way try to manipulate the text-color from each row unless the middle to argb(0,0,0,0) so that it looked (nearly - maybe with transparent cell-borders) that only one link is there but the click on each part of the cell would work.

- Marcus