Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
daniel1990xyz
Contributor III
Contributor III

user can't access QlikView document even though free doc cals are available

Hello together,

I can't open a QlikView document via web browser even though free document cals are assigned to this document. It seems to me that the user can't receive a doc license from the server. After the login the message "Failed to open document, You don't have access to this document." appears. I have tried it with a AD user and with a local user that I have created on the system from the QlikView server. Any idea?

The QlikView server is version 11.20.12235.0

Thanks.

Best regards,

Daniel

QlikViewServerDocCals.jpg

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Or
MVP
MVP

"Failed to open document, You don't have access to this document." Does not refer to CALs - it refers to actual access to the document, either the file itself (as controlled by QlikView or Windows depending on your settings) or the contents (using Section Access).

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Do you have section access in your qlikview document? If yes then please check that as well.

Thanks,

Harshit

Or
MVP
MVP

"Failed to open document, You don't have access to this document." Does not refer to CALs - it refers to actual access to the document, either the file itself (as controlled by QlikView or Windows depending on your settings) or the contents (using Section Access).

daniel1990xyz
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

I have no section access in my qlikview document.

greetings

daniel1990xyz
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thank you for the hint.

The issue was related to insufficient rights for the AD user to the qlikview file itself on the server. After I have given given the AD users the needed rights, the access was possible.