can we implement vlookup in qlikview?

Sunil Chauhan
15 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok thanks Miguel.

thanks for reply.

Not applicable

Is there a non-script variant that can be used, for instance, to compare the results of OSUser() to a dimension value after a reload?  Something like Lookup, but in the UI, or like Match, but against a dimension?

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

Already answered in your previous post, but just in case:

Since you already have all your tables and fields, my guess is that your code would look like the following:

Match(Upper(OSUser()), 'DOMAIN\GRANTEDUSER1', 'DOMAIN\GRANTEDUSER2')

So if the user is DOMAIN\GRANTEDUSER1 will have access or see whatever you are hiding. But if the user logged in is DOMAIN\ADMINISTRATOR will not see the object with the condition above.

Hope that helps.

Miguel Angel Baeyens

BI Consultant

Comex Grupo Ibérica

Not applicable

Thanks Miguel,

I did end up solving our issue, using the following code:

=sum(if(wildmatch(User.Name,Upper(ltrim(rtrim(subfield(osuser(),'\',2))))),1,0))

My disconnect was that, in the Help file, the MATCH() and WILDMATCH() functions appear to only compare to a hard-coded horizontal array of values, not a column/field.  But, using them against a field (User.Name in this case) works just fine.

Thanks for your help!

-DJ

JianangZhao
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi Bhushan,

This is Jianang, one new Qlik  user, i have one requirement is that for two trade date, such as June 5th and June 4th, and for each trade date, there will has some trade deals(please see one data sample as below), now i want to return one result for the trade date June 5 how many new deals come in? how many deals disappear? and how many deals keep same?     

I achieved in Excel by vlookup function, so could you help provide some helps to me? i will be appreciate.🙂

Trade DateTrade Deals count
June 5168525
June 4143522
JianangZhao
Contributor II
Contributor II

I made one simple table to analysis my request, we can see for A3 & A4 they appear in both June 5 and June 4, but A6 & A7 only appear in June 4, then disappear in June 5; and for A1, A2 they are appear first time in June 5; 

Trade DateTrade Deals
June 5A1
June 5A2
June 5A3
June 5A4
June 4A7
June 4A3
June 4
A4
June 4A6

Then my wanted result like below:

trade date count
new trade deal in today2
exist in both day2
exist in prior  day2

If you have any idea or suggestion, i will be appreciate.