Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

what are the options for creating/modifying dashboards/reports on web

Hi,

Can someone please share few options of letting the customers create or modify dashboards and reports on the web. Also, please share some information on how those changes are stored and what other options do we have if the customers demands any such faclility

Regards

9 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Ok so with ajax, we really have no option. What are other options? Qliksense? Sending them the Qlikview file etc etc? I wonder if people have already faced this and have comeup with any alternatives?

tresesco
MVP
MVP

Upto some extend you can allow users to create their own report as shown here: Adhoc reporting in Qlikview . Otherwise, for real user-managed (or, call self-service) reports, of course, Qlik Sense is an option, or rather the option.

Not applicable
Author

Ok, this is strange. The above post says that with ajax, its not possible to create new dashboards. However, I have just tried to create new chart using ajax client and it seems to have worked. What's going on here?

cbb
Employee
Employee

Hi

you can create new sheets / objects and dashboards - the issue is that these are yours - they are your 'user objects'.

you can share your objects with other people also - but they have to choose to see them from the ajax 'Repository' (the shared objects menu)

you cannot affect the document objects as an end user in ajax when the document is on the server.

i hope this makes it clearer

/Chris

tresesco
MVP
MVP

Though I don't exactly remember, but possibly when mby‌ posted in 2011, the feature was not there in ajax.

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Yes, that is correct. You can create sheets and objects using the Ajax client as long as you have permissions to.

What it is not possible is that what you build in Ajax goes to the QVW. All objects created via the Ajax client will persist in a .Shared file and will never be in the original QVW

Cheers,

Miguel

tresesco
MVP
MVP

Just to clear the confusion,..

Miguel Angel Baeyens de Arce wrote:

What it is not possible is that what you build in Ajax goes to the QVW. All objects created via the Ajax client will persist in a .Shared file and will never be in the original QVW

Cheers,

Miguel

That is true for IE Plugin as well, I believe.  Hope you meant by, 'What it is not possible is..'  - is, common to both.

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

True, thanks for noticing!

Even better said would have been "client access does store any object created in to .Shared files and never possible to open the original QVW file" counting the iOS native app and some others that could be there, including QlikView Desktop when using "Open in Server" and of course, IE Plugin.

Cheers,

Miguel