Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

what is meant by comparitive analysis

i know about comparitive analysis therotical but idont know pratically how to compare two mulitple groups.............................................................pls send example and detail explanation.....

12 Replies
JonnyPoole
Former Employee
Former Employee

Go to this demo

http://us-d.demo.qlik.com/QvAJAXZfc/opendoc.htm?document=qvdocs%2FWhats%20New%20in%20QlikView11.qvw&...

.and hit the 'product grouping tab' to see an example.

Comparitive analytics allows a user to make more than one set of selections. Then you can use Set Analysis in your charts to see the results of those 2 sets of selections side by side.  These are called selection states. The product feature is called 'Alternate States'.  You can download the QVW and see the alternate states defined on the document properties -> General tab.   Alternate States product features gives the analyst capability of comparative analytics.

ToniKautto
Employee
Employee

What sources have you studied to understand theory?

If you do a search in Qlik Community I am sure you will find Why Comparative Analysis, which explains the concept and provides examples. After studying that content my suggestions is that you post a detailed question explaining what part you do not understand or what issue you are facing in your implementation.

qlikviewwizard
Master II
Master II

buzzy996
Master II
Master II

see below,Comparative analysis helps to understand the growth of the 2 groups based on some dimension..like below,u can download "Whats New in QlikView11.qvw" and see for more details.

comp an.PNG

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

how can we download the file?

qlikviewwizard
Master II
Master II

Hi Download file Download (.QVW) from here.

Qlik Demos: See QlikView in Action | Demo.Qlik.Com

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

ı want to download the dashboard,

QlikView

ı cant see any link about that????

could you show the download link??

qlikviewwizard
Master II
Master II

Hi fisland92 ,