Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

100% Stacked Bar Graph

Hello All

I have to build an Stacked Bar Graph where all bars sum 100%.

One dimention its, for instance, "months" and the other one is "Clients" and the expresion its a count of an specific item.

So, what i have to show its how participate each client on the total count for each month.

Let me ilustrate with an example table:

MONTH

CLIENT 1 2 3 4 TOTAL

X1 100 300 200 100 700

X2 350 300 100 150 900

X3 200 100 100 150 550

If i make an stacked bar graph abput this table, you will not see 100% bars. Will see 3 bars of diferents sizes based on Sum of quantities.

What i need are 3 100% bars based on participation.

Any help please????

Thanks for All

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Use TOTAL <CLIENT> to make the values a percentage:

Sum(Amount)/Sum(TOTAL <CLIENT> Amount)

I've attached a sample using your provided data (but reformatted a bit, see the load).

View solution in original post

11 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Use TOTAL <CLIENT> to make the values a percentage:

Sum(Amount)/Sum(TOTAL <CLIENT> Amount)

I've attached a sample using your provided data (but reformatted a bit, see the load).

Not applicable
Author

I tested and it WORKED!!!! MANY THANKS!!!!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi!

I want to do the same thing but I have a problem. Instead of the variable 'Amount' I have 'Cost' but not as a one short expression but as something like this:

(sum(EfCost*if(EfCurrency='ARS',1,0))*sum(if(XchangeMoneda='ARS',XchangeCotización,0))/sum(if(XchangeMoneda='ARS',1,0))

+sum(EfCost*if(EfCurrency='BRL',1,0))*sum(if(XchangeMoneda='BRL',XchangeCotización,0))/sum(if(XchangeMoneda='BRL',1,0))

+sum(EfCost*if(EfCurrency='USD',1,0)))

The problem is that the Cost comes in dfferent currencies, so with this I take it to USD. If I use the same formula for the stacked 100% with this expression I have an Error. This is waht I'm doing:

=

(sum(EfCost*if(EfCurrency='ARS',1,0))*sum(if(XchangeMoneda='ARS',XchangeCotización,0))/sum(if(XchangeMoneda='ARS',1,0))

+sum(EfCost*if(EfCurrency='BRL',1,0))*sum(if(XchangeMoneda='BRL',XchangeCotización,0))/sum(if(XchangeMoneda='BRL',1,0))

/

sum(total <Reserva.Fecha>

)

Any ideas??

Not applicable
Author

I have to create a chart where each bar equals to 100%... (eg. if there is A,B,C then A=50%, B=30% , C=20%)...Please advise... I have tried using relative, but it does not work

Not applicable
Author

What would the syntax be if you have 2 dimensions in your graph?  For example, I also have time period (which is the x-axis).

Thanks.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Try using a Mekko Chart for this.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Dennis - I've tried doing this but it seems to aggregate everything and provide %'s across all bars.

What I want is the % to be 100% for each individual bar and want this value to appear within the segments.

Attached is what I currently have.MekkoChart.PNG

Not applicable
Author

Hello,

How can I show percentages on the x-axis? In other words, what is the percentage of each of Jan 2012, Feb 2012 and Jun 2012, where the total adds to a 100%?

Thanks

Not applicable
Author

I too would like to be able to create a 100% stacked bar chart showing percentages, side by side.  I tried the above solution, but it took the percentage of the total, instead of grouping it by what is displayed on the x axis.  Any ideas?  I understand a Mekko chart will visually do this - but I would prefer to have an offical chart with equal widths along the x axis.

Amended  - this does it... =sum(Value)/sum(Total<DateMonth> Value)