cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

2 or more listboxes as filters having the same field

Hi All,

I have 3 list boxes as filter for a chart in my report. All the 3 list boxes comprise of the same field with different expressions.

Foreg: If we have a dimension table comprising of products, regions and customers and we would want to depict sales over a period of time in the chart. We would have 3 list boxes, with the column in the listbox being an expression which states, if(dimension-id = Product, product name) and so on.

In such a scenario, on selecting one of the list boxes, the other 2 would be disabled as the data in the 3 listboxes is from the same column.

Please help me resolve this scenario as we need to have selections made from all the 3 filters. Thank you.

9 Replies
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

Can you please paste sample data for better understanding of your problem.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Gysbert_Wassenaar

You should really solve this in the script by creating separate dimension fields from the field that now contains all the dimension types.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I tried to do this, but still it Qlikview recognizes this as the same field. Therefore it disables one one listbox, when a selection is made in the other listbox, both the listboxes using the same field.

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

HI,

Attach some sample data so that it would be easier to understand and provide the solution. Check below link which helps you in getting the answers quickly.

Qlik Community Tip: Posting Successful Discussion Threads

sasikanth
Master
Master

hi,

You can use alternate states here

Create 3 States say( Group1, Group2,Group3) and assign them to your list boxes

use these states while writing an expression in chart

Ex: sum({Group1} Sales)+sum({Group2} Sales)+sum({Group 3} Sales)

Please do post your sample data

ramasaisaksoft

Hi Supriya,

Sorry to say i didn't understand your scenario properly.

As per my understanding ,If you want to hide any object you need to go Properties->Layout->Show

HIde.PNG

Select the Conditional Show and give the expression as per your requirement.

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

You have to modify your datamodel for this, if you attach sample data then it would be easier to understand and give solution..

Regards,

Jagan.

sasikanth
Master
Master

HI,

PFA sample attachmentComm.png

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

Check this link, you have to do Generic load for this.

The Generic Load

Sample Generic Load Script

Regards,

jagan.