Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ksomosera10
Creator II
Creator II

3 Dimension Coloring

Hi,

I've been working with Qlikview and I'm struggling on my current scenario.

I have this graph counting the number of employees for a certain team. I also have 3 dimensions, consists of the skill, the team and a calculated field which returns an employee count if it's knowledge is program or function.

Capture.JPG

Capture.JPG

I want to have the color in team rather than in employees. Can you help me out here?

THANKS A LOT!

8 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

Can you explain little more, Question was satisfied but we are not sure how we can answer and where you need this?

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
ksomosera10
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Anil,

All I want is to make the color on the dimension  be on the Team rather than per Employee.

ksomosera10
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Just to make it simple.

Instead of the first picture. I want it to be like this:

Untitled.jpg

First team is Red, then second team is yellow, 3rd is blue... etc.

rather than having a different colors per team.

I hope this will help you out.

Anil_Babu_Samineni

This may useful some what? But please share sample application to test

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
ksomosera10
Creator II
Creator II
Author

I'm working on a prototype.

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Like this? By, This is not make sense to me how USER can analyze over measures

Capture.PNG

ksomosera10
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Like what I've shown on my screenshot. I have 3 dimensions with 1 calculated fields and an expression of counting the distinct name of employees for each team. Now, I need the one that you've sent because the color was always pointing on the employees.

For example, If 100 employees are on Team A then, Team A bar graph will have 100 different colors... If 500 employees are on Team B then likewise, Team B bar graph will have 500 different colors grouped, which is not what I want.

I hope I make my self clear on my issues here.

shraddha_g
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

may be,

in Color by Expression,

You can use something like,

pick(rank(TeamFieldname),red(),yellow(),blue(),green(),lightgray(),magenta())