Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

A cluster node was added, please enter the control number.

Hi Dear QV Community

For a problem that I do not start the service ReloadEnginee apparently because it has a very long name the machine (WPASQVC15DTI1), reason why I try to change the service URL in System -> Setup-> QVS @ wpasqvcdti1 General tab.

Actual: qvp 😕/wpasqvcdti1/

New: qvp 😕/localhost /

When I click Apply I get the error messageProblem.png

6 Replies
Ricardo_Gerhard
Employee
Employee

Do you want to change the name of Qlikview Server ou Distribution Services?

If you want change Qlikview Server, in this tab change the field "Name".

Ricardo Gerhard
OEM Solution Architect
LATAM
Not applicable
Author

Hi Ricardo

I want change the URL for QV Server and Distribution service to not attempt to locate the service by lomg machine name,

NOT

qvp 😕/wpasqvcdti1/

I WANT

qvp 😕/localhost/

Not applicable
Author

Not applicable
Author

I don`t know is it still needed, but I had the same issue and I resolve it by this not obvious way:

• after you have an error message, click 'ok'
  • fill the gap control number by LICENSE number, and then click 'ok', after QMC ask you something about restart QVS.

After restart all settings will be available for changes.

Our QVS version is 11.20 SR12.

a0693051
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi,

I had the same issue and I resolved it by the following way:

1. After you have an error message as mentioned in screenshot, click 'OK'.

2. Then goto System>Licenses>QlikView Server> QlikView Server License> Fill the Control number not an LICENSE 

number (already mentioned), both are different. And then click 'OK', after that QMC ask you to restart the QlikView

Server services.

After that everything will be fine.

Our QVS version is 11.20 SR7.

Regards

Jhanaarthanan

stefan87
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi,

what Jhanaarthanan wrote is only partly right as you have to enter the controll number on the same page where you are changing the QMC settings, it is only another tab.

e.g. when you change a setting on the logging tab (for example high verbosity in event logging), just go to the general tab, type in your control number and click apply.

Regards,

Stefan