Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

AND OR combination condition in set analysis

Hi All,

I have a requirement where I need to use OR condition in set analysis.

This is my exact requirement what i am looking for.

[GIDFLAG={'0'} and BS ={'A','B'} and region={'US'} and [Channel ={'A','B','C'} or ( Channel ={'D'} and custno={'1','2,'3'} )] and

vDeli={'LCD'} and PSI='S11]

Every time I have been failing in underlined condition.

how we can use above condition in set analysis function,Any suggestions should appreciates.

Thanks

12 Replies
andrejfreitas
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hello,

I have a question:

Is there a way to add a fixed AND selection that will impact all the or's selection in the set analysis ?

For instance, using your example, let's say I would like to add Channel={'D'} in both part of the set analysis.

As a result, we would have something like:

sum({<GIDFLA={'0'}, BS={'A','B'}, Region={'US'}, Channel={'A','B','C'},Channel={'D'}> + <GIDFLA={'0'}, BS={'A','B'}, Region={'US'}, Channel={'D'}, custno={'1','2,'3'}>}sales); (this should work)

However, since Channel={'D'} is a common element in both part of the expressions, I was wondering if there is a way to write it once; Something like that:

sum({<Channel={'D'}>, <GIDFLA={'0'}, BS={'A','B'}, Region={'US'}, Channel={'A','B','C'}> + <GIDFLA={'0'}, BS={'A','B'}, Region={'US'}, custno={'1','2,'3'}>}sales); (this shouldn't work)

That would mean, Channel={'D'} would impact in both sides of the expression. That would save a lot of time.

Any ideas?

Thank you!

jyothish8807
Master II
Master II

Try this once:

sum({<sales=p({<GIDFLA={'0'}, BS={'A','B'}, Region={'US'}, Channel={'A','B','C'}>})+ p({<GIDFLA={'0'}, BS={'A','B'}, Region={'US'}, custno={'1','2,'3'}>}),Channel={'D'}>}sales)

Br,

KC

Best Regards,
KC
andrejfreitas
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Thanks for your response.

It didn't work for me in this way. See my expression below.

sum({< BOCount=

p({<[Reporting Year]={'$(vCurrentReportingYear)'}>})+

p({<[Reporting Year]={'$(vPreviousReportingYear)'}>})+

p({<[Reporting Year]={'$(vPenultimateReportingYear)'}>}), Base_Example={1}>} BOCount)