Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

About drill-down group

Hi,

I've created a drill-down group to use as a dimension.
I've tryed to use it like a dimension in a chart.
I've 2 different chart (both of kind "Linear) and both use this drill-down group as dimension.
The first works with no problem but the second don't display the group icon and nothing succeed.

I've tryed to change the second chart to "Mixed Chart" (the one with both bars and lines) and with these everything seems to work.

So now I want to understand why the same drll-down group and the same structure of dimension and expression don't give me the ability to use the drill-down group on a linear chart while work with no problem on a "Mixed Chart" (or perhaps the correct name is "Combo Chart" ? I'm using QV in the Italian version).

The second chart has two dimension and two expression, correctly displayed with the Linear Chart but without the group.
If I add the group nothing seems to happen, the chart remain unchanged.

Thanks a lot
Bye

1 Reply
Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Line Charts can't present 2 Dminsions and 2 Expressions.

You can have 1 Dimension and multiple Expressions - then each Expressions is displayed in a separate line.

Or, you can have 2 Dimensions and 1 Expression - then each value of the second Dimension is displayed in a separate line.

When you have more then 1 Expression, adding Dimensions won't change anything.

Combo charts and bar charts are different - you can have group s of bars or a combination of bars and lines that can effectively display multiple dimensions and multiple expressions.

hope it helps,

Oleg