Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Access Point refresh automatically after QVW reload?

I am trying to use Qlikview to display results of a Survey on multiple TV screens, in multiple locations. I have created the QVW that will show survey comments and rotate them after a few seconds. The issue is I need to reload the QVW once a day to get new data. When I do that the new data doesn't show automatically in Access Point. All TV monitors will be showing the Access Point QVW. How can I make sure that after a reload of this QVW all TV screens are showing the new data? This should be done automatically.

Thank you!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
maxgro
MVP
MVP

there is a flag in QMC,

System --> Setup --> Qlikview ServerS --> choose your server --> Document

see below for description

I don't know if, when checked, the reload is immediate or only after the user click (no useful in your case); try and let we know.

Allow Only One Copy of Document in Memory

If there are changes to a document, for example, a reload or a layout change, the QVS can be configured to do either of the following options.

• Force an immediate update of the document for the user during the session, that is, allowing only oneversion of a document. This will conserve memory resources on the QVS.
  • Await a new session, then update the document for the user. This may cause several copies of different versions of the document, residing in memory at the same time.

To allow only one version of the document in memory, tick this check box. To allow several versions of the document in memory, untick this check box.

View solution in original post

15 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Christiani,

maybe this is of help:

QVW's on the Access Point

its_anandrjs

Always check last updated and reload time of the application then you get the information that application is reload or not like.

In any text box write

='Last Update at '&ReloadTime()

maxgro
MVP
MVP

there is a flag in QMC,

System --> Setup --> Qlikview ServerS --> choose your server --> Document

see below for description

I don't know if, when checked, the reload is immediate or only after the user click (no useful in your case); try and let we know.

Allow Only One Copy of Document in Memory

If there are changes to a document, for example, a reload or a layout change, the QVS can be configured to do either of the following options.

• Force an immediate update of the document for the user during the session, that is, allowing only oneversion of a document. This will conserve memory resources on the QVS.
  • Await a new session, then update the document for the user. This may cause several copies of different versions of the document, residing in memory at the same time.

To allow only one version of the document in memory, tick this check box. To allow several versions of the document in memory, untick this check box.

whiteline
Master II
Master II

Hi.

Even if the document has been reloaded and updated in memory, I guess, some action should happened the views to be refreshed.

Usually the user makes a selection or something and then see the update.

Try to create some automation activity with the macro.

Upd:

Here are some useful threads.

Seems there are two ways: IE Plugin with properly configured Server and AJAX with modified opendoc template:

Auto refresh of Qlikview document in Browser

Refresh data without user interaction on AJAX client

Not applicable
Author

I don't have access to QEMC since "IT" controls it at my company but I will try this suggestion and post the answer here. It might take a few days to test this.

fkeuroglian
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi

try to change in the document properties/server this option

i attached an example

Good luck

Fernando

busilacchi
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Hello there! Very good question Christiani.

I could never solve this problem. The option that says Fernando Keuroglian I never worked !!!

Someone will automatically update the application on the access point without user intervention ???

Thank you very much!

giakoum
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

I know this is a terrible way to do it, but it is a solution

How to Auto Refresh Pages in Chrome, Firefox and Opera

giakoum
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

maybe this can help. It is causing an update :

SlideShow.qvw