Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rkhadraoui1016
Contributor II
Contributor II

Access Point timeout issue

Hi All,

Over the past couple of weeks I probably read anything to do with timeout access point including Qlikview help and I couldn't sort out the issue of the access point being timed out when in idle.

I've tried everything from Document to Server level and I and all other users still facing the timeout issue.

Would anyone please help on sorting out this issue as I can't sort it out and I am not sure if am missing something.

Thanks,

Ray

4 Replies
Jon_B
Support
Support

Hello,

- Is the timeout always the same, if so how long?

- Do you also see the timeout when accessing the Access Point directly on the server using the localhost url e.g http://localhost/qlikview/

- Are you using a proxy server (Internet options>connections> Local Area (LAN) settings), as perhaps the timeout is happening on the proxy device?

- Are you using the QVWS or IIS for the webserver? if IIS there are also timeout settings you can configure there (see article below)

- I've also included an article from our KB with all the timeouts available in QlikView, so perhaps you can also check through these for any you've not  tried:

Timeout Values Related To QlikView Deployment:

https://support.qlik.com/articles/000003831

- You can also check the QlikView session logs at the times the user session was timed out check to see what the reason was.

- In addition to this you can also run the browser "developer tools" and reproduce the timeout issue.  Within the developer tools in particular select the Network tab and monitor this when the timeout occurs to. See if you can see any specific errors mentioned.

Best Regards,

/Jon

Please, remember to "like" the post and mark the thread as solved once getting the correct answer
rkhadraoui1016
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi,

- Is the timeout always the same, if so how long? --- it is around half an hour before the timeout happens.

- Do you also see the timeout when accessing the Access Point directly on the server using the localhost url e.g http://localhost/qlikview/ --- it is the same thing.

- Are you using a proxy server (Internet options>connections> Local Area (LAN) settings), as perhaps the timeout is happening on the proxy device? --- I have no idea.

- Are you using the QVWS or IIS for the webserver? if IIS there are also timeout settings you can configure there (see article below) --- I am using QVWS

- I've also included an article from our KB with all the timeouts available in QlikView, so perhaps you can also check through these for any you've not  tried: --- I have changed it to null value not 0  from the default.

- You can also check the QlikView session logs at the times the user session was timed out check to see what the reason was. --- where do i check that as I have used the log file from  the server folder (C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\QlikViewServer) the file is called Sessions_"server name".log and it doesn't give me enough or I don't know how to read it.

- In addition to this you can also run the browser "developer tools" and reproduce the timeout issue.  Within the developer tools in particular select the Network tab and monitor this when the timeout occurs to. See if you can see any specific errors mentioned. --- Sorry I am not sure how to use this.

I hope I give you enough answers and I would appreciate all the help I can get.

Thanks

Ray

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Ray,

Can you try a higher value on the Maximum Inactive Session Timeout setting on the QVS Performance tab settings in the QMC?  My hunch here is there may be a software defect related to the blank setting, so would like to test with a value of say 60 minutes to see if that changes things to 60 minutes before you see the issue, that way we know we are on the right track with things.  At that point, would need to know what version you are running in order to try to replicate things...

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.
hallquist_nate
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Are you running Qlik on AWS or Azure?  If so, check those timeout settings to see if they are possibly over-ridding the Qlik set timeouts.  I know that I have run into this issue in the past.