Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
warfollowmy_ver
Creator III
Creator III

Access point (web) auto-update after the document is reloaded

Access point (web) auto-update after the document is reloaded

Hi!

I noticed that after the document is reloaded on the page, the user has to do something, click for example an empty space in order for the data to be updated visually. If nothing is done, the data will be old.

I have already read several topics. I just need an answer - is this normal? Is this a normal situation?

Without fixing the code html for how then can not we do without? Http://www.qgate.co.uk/knowledge/refreshing-the-view-of-active-qlikview-documents-on-access-point/

Only one copy of the document is ticked.

It does not give anything. Dynamic update too. Always need to interact with the document so that the picture is refreshed ...

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

If you use the AJAX client, updates are not being pushed to the client. You'll always have to interact with the client to see something change. And then you may even discover that your session has been terminated.

IIRC the IE Plugin has a more direct way of notifying you that something has changed.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

If you use the AJAX client, updates are not being pushed to the client. You'll always have to interact with the client to see something change. And then you may even discover that your session has been terminated.

IIRC the IE Plugin has a more direct way of notifying you that something has changed.

warfollowmy_ver
Creator III
Creator III
Author

It's just weird. Why not make a regular update not after the click, but immediately ..

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

I guess it's most probably because in this internet world, the QlikView server doesn't know for sure whether there's still someone there at the other end. For example, sessions timeout, they don't simply disconnect. AFAIK it serves no real purpose to send updated information to clients who may have left the building already.