Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Active Container Object

Does anyone know how to determine which chart or object is currently active within a Container object? I can't figure it out using the API Guide.

30 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

It's been a few months so I thought I'd bump this. I'm still trying to figure this out .

Not applicable
Author

Hi, Brian! Dou you have any update? I faced this problem too.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I'm afraid not. I opted to not use the container object anyway...too buggy in my opinion.

Not applicable
Author

This will be fixed for QV10 SR2. There will be a variable in the ContainerProperties structure for manipulating the active object.

Not applicable
Author

Brian, what kind of bugs have you discovered in the container object?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

[quote user="Kristoffer Säll"]

Brian, what kind of bugs have you discovered in the container object?

The vertical scroll bar in charts tends to disappear. This is a known bug. But an even larger issue comes when using the zoom feature. While the Container object itself resizes properly, the Charts within it do not.

Not applicable
Author

Yes the zoom feature is a problem. 😞

The disappeared scrollbar problem is fixed in QV10 SR1 (I think).

Not applicable
Author

I find that when I add another fast change object (i.e. pivot table) to an object in a container the object goes away completely. The containers appear to be pretty buggy. Hope they get better with SR2. When is SR2 expected.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I was told that Fast Change is not designed to work when a chart is within a container object. Maybe that will change in the future as it would greatly expand the functionality. If not, I suggested that the Fast Change options should be disabled when a chart is in a container.