Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Add expressions in Pivot Table

I have created a straight table and used set analysis to group on the Lag Days Count (ie. 0-2 , 2-5 and 5+). However, clicking on each Lag Days do not filter on the Lag, it only filters for Supplier, FileFormat and DataType. Using a Pivot Table, I was able to filter on all 4 dimensions required (Lag, Supplier, FIleformat and DataType).

Here are my issues:-

For the Pivot Table,

1. Cannot add another 3 expressions (Med, Avg and Max) after the Total column. The Pivot Table columns should appear similar to that of the straight table.

2. Would like to remove the grid alloted for the DataType and LagDays (I made them invisible by changing the text color to white) as they are not needed in the chart but they are required dimensions for drilldown.

For the Straight Table,

3. Is there a way to filter on Lag Days (0-2, 2-5, 5+) column when one is selected ? I cannot pull in the Lag Days as a dimension as it should not be part of the table.

Attaching the app for reference.

Thank you.

3 Replies
Not applicable
Author

hi

Please find attached file

Here in you can show or hide and filter columns according to selections of Lag Days

does this solve your problem??

Regards

Peter

Not applicable
Author

Hi Peter,

Thank you for the response.

Unfortunately, this is not what I'm looking for.

I need to display my data as the same as it is in the straight table. I need to drilldown from the Lag Days and get it's value selected. Unfortunately, using set analysis doesn't accomplish this. So I tried using a Pivot Table and it works fine as I am able to drilldown on the Lag and it's value is selected as well. However, I cannot add an expression after the totals. I am trying to add Max, Avg and median expressions in the pivot table but can't get them to appear as the same as the straight table without them being grouped on the Lag Days. So I can either go with straight table or pivot table as the solution as long as the Lag Days get selected when drilling from a straight table, or if I can add expressions after the Total column using a pivot table.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Anthony,

Please find attached

please let me know if is this you  are looking at then

Regards

harshal