Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Adding a calculated row to a pivot table

I have a pivot table that i would like to add an extra row with a calculation. I need to divide 2 specific rows in the table to get the calculation. Any ideas on how to do this? Nothing I have tried seems to work. First, any calculated expressions always appear as columns. Second, I can't seem to figure out how to reference specific rows for the calculation.

I attached an image.

Thanks in advance

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

You can reference specific rows, but you can reference specific dimension values and use the Total row for a custom calculation. See attached example

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

You can reference specific rows, but you can reference specific dimension values and use the Total row for a custom calculation. See attached example

Not applicable
Author

Thanks...i'm not sure I understand how Dimensionality works. Can you give an explanation of what's going on in your calculation?

Also, how do you make the expression "Calculated Row" appear as a row instead of a column?

I get zero for my calculations...looks like dimensionality is always one in my table.

Gysbert_Wassenaar

See these two blog posts:

Not applicable
Author

ok...got it now. I see what you meant by using the totals row.

Thanks so much for your help!!!

Not applicable
Author

How would I add other calculated rows? So, that I have more than 1 calculated row.

Not applicable
Author

I tried it with a calculated dimension and it works but I can't get the total to work across the rows. The calculation is correct for each row but the with show partial totals turned on, it is blank for each row. I used aggr with the date as the dimension.