Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Adding expressions to cyclic group

I'm trying to add the following expression to a cyclic group:

=If( Sum(Variable1)=0 , 0 , Sum(Variable1))

I keep getting an error in the straight table saying "// Error in calculated dimension"

If i want to cycle between 2 expressions is this the best way to do it? Thanks.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
stephencredmond
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

If you want to cycle between two expressions, as opposed to 2 dimensions, just add the 2 expressions and then "Group" them (use the "Group" button or just drag one onto the other).

Regards,

Stephen

View solution in original post

5 Replies
stephencredmond
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

If you want to cycle between two expressions, as opposed to 2 dimensions, just add the 2 expressions and then "Group" them (use the "Group" button or just drag one onto the other).

Regards,

Stephen

Not applicable
Author

Wow never even saw that group option in the expressions tab. Thanks Stephen. It's really weird that they let you add a group with expressions in it to the dimensions tab. Design fail? Anyways, thanks again.

stephencredmond
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Well, you can add correctly functioning expressions as dimensions so it is not so much a design failure as just a problem with the wrong expression - nothing that QlikView can do about that!

😉

Stephen

Not applicable
Author

I have done the grouping but what I would like to do, but don't see how to, is to re-use that group of metrics for other charts. Is there a way to do that like you can with creating groups of dimensions?

Thanks!

Not applicable
Author

As Stephen mentioned in the reply above yours, you can add expressions as dimensions. So you can add expressions in the dimension Groups as well. Then you can use these groups in other charts/tables.

Besides this I don't think you can save grouped expressions.